Nowadays, we can see a lot of couples divorcing and fighting in courts for their assets. Marriage is scary and divorce can make it uglier. To prevent yourself from getting into a financial mess if ever you decide to get married, you might want to consider getting a prenuptial agreement with your future spouse.
Here’s a neat video that can give you the basics:
- An agreement between two people who intend to marry that deals specifically with the arrangement of property.
- It can be modest or it can extend to a wide range or property such as spousal support.
- With this agreement, your state laws would determine how your assets will be divided.
- You need to be honest in declaring your assets.
- The agreement needs to be signed way before the wedding.
- Each must have your own separate counsel to build negotiations.
- The agreement must be fair and reasonable for both sides.